Locata’s Reliability and Redundancy
LocataNets can provide exceptional levels of reliability for any application.
- Locally configurable networks for specific service applications:
− LocataLites are deployed in geographic locations required to meet specified DOP, reliability, redundancy and services integrity requirements; and
− If required, additional LocataLites can be added to a LocataNet to improve Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring (RAIM) availability or any other metric.
- Easily expandable, flexible deployment:
− Close proximity LocataNets can be meshed or simply operate adjacent to each other independently; and
− Expandable under the current ICD architecture to 30 LocataLites within the near field (4 signals per LocataLite = 120 frequency diverse and spatially diverse positioning signals). Networks with even more signals will become available in 2015.
- Ground based infrastructure is infinitely easier to maintain, upgrade and replace than space based infrastructure;
- Locata signals are very difficult to jam because of the high transmission levels required to overcome Locata’s strong signals. Therefore, jammers are easily discoverable; and
- A LocataNet provides total autonomy and local control over mission critical infrastructure to the network’s owner.