Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer Level 3 – ENG053
Locata Corporation, based in Canberra Australia, is a world leader in local area high precision positioning. Locata is expanding its team to meet the needs of exciting new world-wide markets as we commercialise and roll out our patented positioning technology.
We require multiple self-motivated mid to senior level Software Engineers in our Canberra office on a full-time basis to contribute to the research, design, development, commercialisation, configuration, customisation, testing and maintenance of Locata system.
Locata is interested in software engineers with one or more of the following areas of expertise:
- Linux (OS configuration and driver development)
- Control systems
- Embedded and/or real-time systems
- GPS positioning or other navigation systems
- Optical, RF, Radar or signal processing
The successful applicant must also have the following skills, capabilities and experience:
- Relevant qualifications in engineering (e.g. systems, software, IT, electrical)
- 5+ years practical experience in software development
- Strong C or C++ skills
- Familiarity with build and scripting languages (e.g. Make, shell, Python etc)
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and learning new skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Enjoy being part of a small team
- Good planning, organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience using one or more version control systems
- Experience with technical writing and documentation
If you feel you may be a candidate for this position and would like to be part of a dynamic and fast growing company, then we would like to talk to you. Salary and conditions would be commensurate with qualifications and/or experience.
Applications for these positions should include a cover letter (no more than 2 pages), that address the following questions:
- Explain how your skills and experience match up with the areas of expertise required by Locata for this role.
- Describe an ideal role for you.
- Provide examples of real time / embedded systems that you have worked on and your contribution to those systems.
Further details pertaining to the position are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to Tony Griffiths on 02 6264 7911 during business hours. Please quote reference number ENG053 with all enquiries.