Senior Hardware Engineer
Senior Hardware Engineer – ENG055
Locata Corporation, based in Canberra Australia, is a world leader in local area high precision positioning. Locata is expanding its team to meet the needs of exciting new world-wide markets as we commercialise and roll out our radically new and patented positioning technology.
We require a self-motivated senior Hardware Engineer in our Canberra office on a full-time basis to contribute to the design, development, commercialisation, configuration, customisation, manufacture, testing and maintenance of Locata hardware.
The successful applicant should have the following skills and capabilities:
- Relevant qualifications in engineering (e.g. electronics) and practical experience in hardware development
- Experience with digital, analogue and RF electronics circuit design
- Multilayer PCB design skills for both analog and high speed digital circuits
- Be keen to learn new technologies and new skills
- Be self motivated
- Enjoy working collaboratively in a small team environment
- Good planning, organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Exposure to surface mount and fine pitch components including high speed logic, microcontrollers, CPLDs and FPGAs
- Some design and programming experience with microcontrollers and processors (ideally in C/C++)
- PLD programming experience (VHDL – Xilinx or similar)
- CAD (Altium or similar) experience
- Some hardware manufacturing experience
If you feel you may be a candidate for this position and would like to be part of a dynamic and fast growing company, then we would like to talk to you.
Salary and conditions commensurate with qualifications and/or experience.
Further details pertaining to the position are available by emailing email@example.com or by phone to Tony Griffiths on 02 6264 7911 during business hours. Please quote reference number ENG055 with all enquiries.