Hardware Engineer – ENG050
Locata Corporation, based in Canberra Australia, is a world leader in local area high precision positioning. Locata is expanding its team to meet the needs of exciting new world-wide markets as we commercialise and roll out our patented positioning technology.
We require a self-motivated junior to mid-level Hardware Engineer in our Canberra office on a full-time basis to contribute to the commercialisation, configuration, customisation, manufacture, testing and maintenance of Locata hardware. This position offers great potential for career growth and development for the right candidate.
The successful applicant should have the following skills and capabilities:
- Relevant qualifications in engineering, physics or electronics and practical experience in hardware, firmware or software work
- Be keen to learn new technologies and new skills
- Be self-motivated
- Enjoy being part of a small team
- Good planning, organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Aptitude for, and interest in, electronic product assembly and testing, including test jig design and development
- Desire to learn board level hardware design and development including PCB design, PCB layout, firmware programming, debugging and testing, technical support and quality assurance
- Exposure to surface mount and fine pitch components including high speed logic, microcontrollers, CPLDs and FPGAs
- Some design and programming experience with microcontrollers and processors
- Some hardware design experience
- Some hardware manufacturing experience
If you feel you may be a candidate for this position and would like to be part of a dynamic and fast-growing company, then we would like to talk to you.
Salary and conditions commensurate with qualifications and/or experience.
Further details pertaining to the position are available by emailing email@example.com or by phone to Tony Griffiths on 02 6264 7911 during business hours. Please quote reference number ENG050 with all enquiries.