Senior Software/Systems Engineer – ENG052
Senior Software/Systems Engineer
Locata Corporation, based in Canberra Australia, is a world leader in local area high precision positioning. Locata is expanding its team to meet the needs of exciting new world-wide markets as we commercialise and roll out our radically new and patented positioning technology.
We require a Senior Software/Systems Engineer in our Canberra office to develop software to improve and maintain the Locata system. The role requires a high-level systems approach to problem solving as part of an interdisciplinary team incorporating a thorough understanding of engineering design and development processes. As part of this role the senior engineer will use their experience to help develop and guide engineering best practice at Locata. They will be able to work autonomously as well as provide direction, oversight and coordination of other engineers.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to Locata technology and products through software development.
- Perform the following tasks as required:
– requirements analysis and definition
– software design and architecture
– verification, testing and quality assurance
– software maintenance and support
– technical investigations and analysis
– creation of technical and user documentation
- Provide software engineering expertise and development to support to the hardware, logic, navigation and deployment teams within Locata.
- Undertake rapid development and proof of concept implementations in support of experimentation, prototype and demonstration activities within Locata’s ongoing R&D programs.
- Contribute as required on a conceptual and technical basis to strategic and long term engineering decisions, planning and roadmaps.
- Identify, initiate and contribute to ongoing improvements in engineering processes and best practices.
Key Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Inter-Disciplinary Systems Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Geo-positioning/Surveying or similar field.
- 5+ years of software/systems engineering including experience in one or more of the following:
– GPS Positioning or other navigation systems
– RF Engineering
– Wireless Communications
– Radar or Signal Processing
– Sensors or Control Loops
Mandatory Skills and Attributes
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high-level systems oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to recognise, prioritise and define problems and issues when they arise, pulling in both internal and external expertise as required
- Demonstrated initiative, ownership and responsibility for complex tasks
- Ability to effectively plan, organise and manage multiple tasks
- Thorough understanding of software design principles and development methodologies
- Experience with software development on embedded/real-time systems
- Exceptional programming skills in C/C++
- Experience with technical writing and documentation
- Aptitude and interest in working within small, flexible teams of engineers across distributed offices and time zones
- Experience with Linux and/or RTOS kernels
- Experience with open-source tools and libraries
- Experience with cross-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac) application development
If you feel you may be a candidate for this position and would like to be part of a dynamic and fast-growing company, then we would like to talk to you. Salary and conditions commensurate with qualifications and/or experience.
NOTE: Applicants must be authorised to work in Australia.
Further details pertaining to the position are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to Tony Griffiths on +61 2 6264 7911 during Australian business hours. Please quote reference number ENG052 with all enquiries.