Locata R&D Navigation Engineer Level 2 – ENG051
Locata Corporation, based in Canberra Australia, is a world leader in local area high precision positioning. Locata is expanding its team to meet the needs of exciting new world-wide markets as we commercialise and roll out our radically new and patented positioning technology.
We require a self-motivated Level 2 Navigation Engineer on a full-time basis to contribute to the research, development, commercialisation, configuration, customisation, testing and analysis of Locata navigation software. This position offers great potential for career growth and development for the right candidate.
- Develop and enhance Locata’s current positioning algorithms for new features, performance improvements and special applications
- Research and develop new positioning algorithms to meet product requirements
- Design and develop software for both desktop and embedded targets
- Test and analyse the performance of positioning algorithms
- Data and navigation software analysis
- Customer technical support
Key Qualifications & Skills:
- A degree (post-graduate, PhD or Masters preferred) in a relevant discipline, such as geomatics, geodesy, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering or physics
- Experience in developing precision GNSS algorithms for one or more of the following:
- carrier phase based positioning with multi-constellation signals
- real-time kinematic (RTK)
- precise point positioning (PPP)
- Strong competency in estimation theory, least squares, Kalman filtering, ambiguity resolution, quality control, RAIM, measurement differencing, pre-processing techniques, and statistical techniques for error analysis and mitigation
- Strong programming skills especially in C, C++ and Matlab
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Be keen to learn new technologies and new skills
- Be self-motivated
- Enjoy being part of a small team
- Good planning, organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience of GNSS sensor integration with other sensors (INS, odometers, etc.)
- Practical experience in the use of surveying instruments (total station, RTK, etc.) and practices.
- Experience with Linux and RTOS kernels
If you feel you may be a candidate for this position and would like to be part of a dynamic and fast growing company, then we would like to talk to you.
Salary and conditions commensurate with qualifications and/or experience.
Further details pertaining to the position are available by emailing email@example.com or by phone to Tony Griffiths on +61 2 6264 7911 during Australian business hours. Please quote reference number ENG051 with all enquiries.